Group Volunteer Projects
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering in our parks and natural areas in Saint Paul.
As the 2015 growing season comes to a close, our volunteer needs are decreasing. Below, you will find information about how to volunteer as a group. We will begin accepting volunteer applications for the 2016 growing season in late February 2016.
Thank you for volunteering with Saint Paul Natural Resources! Help prepare or clean up gardens, improve and maintain natural areas or pick up trash in our parks, while working together as a team. We have several large-scale, one-time volunteer projects each month during the growing season (April through October). Saint Paul Natural Resources will tailor a private volunteer project for your group to work together.
Projects are typically scheduled for two hours
and are available during the work day, Monday through Friday, or Saturday mornings.
Projects must be requested at least THREE weeks prior to the requested date(s).
Project activities may include: habitat restoration, planting native species, planting gardens, removal of invasive species, mulching, brush hauling, litter removal, and other special projects in natural areas.
How to Get Involved
Group Volunteer Project Requirements
All groups must meet the following requirements:
- Meet Group Volunteer Project Requirements (see below)
- Submit a project application. (will be made available in late Feb 2016)
- Plan project with volunteer coordinator and your group
Groups with youth volunteers (under 18) must meet the above requirements AND the following additional requirements:
- Have a minimum of 10 people - for groups of less than 10, please join one of our one-time volunteer events.
- Submit application at least three weeks prior to the requested date(s).
- Understand that the volunteer project will take place rain or shine, but may be canceled for severe weather.
- Volunteers need to be in fifth grade or older.
- Meet the Saint Paul Natural Resources youth-to-adult ratio requirements
- Grades 5-8: 10 students to 1 adult
- Grades 9-12: 15 students to 1 adult
- Understand that your group or organization is responsible for youth participating in the project at all times.
- Collect parental/guardian consent that allows youth under the age of 18 to participate in events such as a Saint Paul Natural Resources volunteer project.
||Affinity Plus Credit Union
||AFSA Middle School
||Capitol Region Watershed District
|Conservation Corps of Minnesota and Iowa
||Crowne Plaza Minneapolis Northstar Downtown
||FaithPoint Lutheran Church
|Friends of the Mississippi River
||Great River Greening
||Great River School
||Guadalupe Alternative Program (GAP)
||Guardian Angels Church
||International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) Local 21
||King of Kings Church
||Lumen Christi Catholic Community
||Macalester Football Team
|Metropolitan State University
||Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA)
||Minnetonka Transition Plus
to volunteer news and updates emails.
Contact the volunteer coordinator at
Looking for something else?
Current Volunteer Resources