Cultural STAR Program
25 W. 4th Street, Suite 1300
Ph: (651) 266-6568
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
- The Cultural STAR Program was created to promote economic growth in Saint Paul by strengthening the arts and cultural sector and by supporting Downtown as a vital cultural center.
- The Saint Paul City Council has designated ten percent of the total tax revenue from this program to grants and loans for cultural projects.
- At least eighty percent of Cultural STAR funds will be invested in projects located within the targeted area known as the Cultural District.
- The remaining funds may be allocated toward projects outside the Cultural District within the legal limits of the City of Saint Paul.
- The Cultural District is defined as the geographic area bordered by Interstate 94 to the North, the Lafayette Bridge to the East, the Mississippi river to the South, and Chestnut Road to the West.
There are three major goals of the Cultural STAR Program:
- To develop and improve cultural facilities.
- To strengthen cultural organizations.
- To attract audiences to downtown Saint Paul.
- Capital Grant Program: This program offers grants for physical improvements to facilities or to purchase equipment and /or materials for a cultural project.
- Organizational Development Program/Special Projects: This program offers grants to strengthen the operations of cultural organizations.
- Loan Program: This program offers low-interest loans for capital or organizational development projects. Applications for loans can be made at any time during the year.
Program Guidelines and Application Form
2013 Application Deadlines
February 22, 2013 at 4 p.m.
August 30, 2013 at 4 p.m.