About Come Sail Away - Saint Paul Sailing Program
Come Sail Away is an exceptional and affordable City of Saint Paul course for those with an urge to get out on the water and who want to stay safe while having fun.
Sailing is a challenging sport. To help ensure the safety of everyone onboard, a good sailor must have a healthy respect for Mother Nature, always being aware of changing wind and weather. It’s called seamanship, and it’s a message that comes through loud and clear in Come Sail Away.
Classes are designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary for safe and enjoyable recreational sailing. Classes are taught by certified instructors emphasizing on-the-water experience.
Sailing Topics will include
- Useful knots in sailing
- Sailing terminology
- Rules of the road for sailors
- Sailing rescues for students and others
- Sailing to all points of the wind
- Hands-on experience
and much more!
- Basic Sailing (Beginners, ages 14-adult, $125/person - 8 classes, Lake Phalen)
- Intermediate Sailing (must complete basic sailing, ages 14-adult, $55/person - 2 classes, Lake Phalen)
- Intro to Multihulls (ages 14-adult, $80/person - 2 classes... Lake location sent once registered)