Phalen Park Beach
Phalen Beach is CLOSED for the season. Thanks for another great summer, see you next year!
- NEW: Splash pad adjacent to beach
- Sand Beach
- Sand volleyball court (bring your own net)
- Locker rooms
- Free meals for youth through the Free Summer Meals Program
- Canoe clinics
- Sailing classes
- Swimming lessons
NEW: Swimming Lessons
CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
Watercraft rentals at Phalen Beach.
- Paddle boats $15/hr.
- Canoe $10/hr.
- Kayak $8/hr.
NEW: Drop-in Canoe Clinics
When: June 20, 27, July 11, 18, 25, and August 1, 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Cost: $10. No preregistration required, simply show up.
- Learn about boat safety
- Learn the 5 different paddle strokes
- Learn how to properly maneuver a canoe
- Learn how to tip a canoe back over
- Go on an excursion around the famous Phalen Lake to test their new skills
Lake Phalen Boat Storage
Do you have a sailboat? How about a canoe or kayak? Why not store it on Lake Phalen this summer and enjoy this pristine lake in the heart of Saint Paul whenever you like?
Lake Phalen is one of the largest lakes in Saint Paul and no gasoline outboard motors are allowed on the lake, so it is a perfect place for peaceful boating on a sunny summer day. Seasonal sailboat buoy rentals are $300 for Saint Paul residents and $400 for non-residents. Canoe and Kayak storage is just $100 for Saint Paul residents and $130 for non-residents. Call 651-266-6396 for more information.