Phalen Park Beach
Come swim on beautiful Lake Phalen.
Open daily June 9 - August 26, 2018 from 1pm–7pm. Admission is free.
- NEW: Splash pad adjacent to beach
- Sand Beach
- Sand volleyball court (bring your own net)
- Locker rooms
- Free meals for youth through the Free Summer Meals Program
- Canoe clinics (see below)
- Watercraft rentals (see below)
- Sailing classes
- Swimming lessons
- Kayak lessons
Watercraft rentals available at Phalen Beach during summer hours.
- Paddle boats $15/hr.
- Canoe $10/hr.
- Kayak $8/hr.
- For ages 10+
- Learn about boat safety
- Learn the 5 different paddle strokes
- Learn how to properly maneuver a canoe
- Learn how to tip a canoe back over
- Go on an excursion around the famous Phalen Lake to test their new skills
- $10/class - No registration necessary
- Tuesdays: June 19, 26 and July 10, 17, 24, 31
- 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Lake Phalen Boat Storage
Do you have a sailboat? How about a canoe or kayak? Why not store it on Lake Phalen this summer and enjoy this pristine lake in the heart of Saint Paul whenever you like?
Lake Phalen is one of the largest lakes in Saint Paul and no gasoline outboard motors are allowed on the lake, so it is a perfect place for peaceful boating on a sunny summer day. Seasonal sailboat buoy rentals are $300 for Saint Paul residents and $400 for non-residents. Canoe and Kayak storage is just $100 for Saint Paul residents and $130 for non-residents. Call 651-266-6396 for more information.