Saint Paul Innovation Team
Mission: Serve as a catalyst across the city to advance a culture of innovation and improvement.
Vision: Saint Paul is a world class leader in effective public service.
Who We Are
Matt Larson, Innovation Director, 651-266-8834, firstname.lastname@example.org
News coverage of projects the Innovation Team has consulted and collaborated on:
- 12/12/18 – Minnesota Daily: University researchers, St. Paul officials work for greener stormwater infrastructure
- 11/20/18 – Humphrey Herald: Associate Professor Jerry Zhao, in partnership with the City of St. Paul recognized with the MetroLab Network's National Innovation of the Month Award for November
- 11/09/18 – GovTech: St. Paul, Minn., Modernizes Stormwater Infrastructure
- 11/28/17 – Governing: Funding Tomorrow's Inclusive Cities Today
- 11/10/17 – Pioneer Press: City council to vote on Allianz Field roads, stormwater - and a 'Great Lawn'
- 10/01/17 – Pioneer Press: Care about equity? Then care about our business climate
- 08/31/17 – St. Paul touts new system to help launch small businesses
- 08/31/17 – Pioneer Press: Want to open a small business in St. Paul? Now you have a user's manual.
- 07/11/17 – Pioneer Press: St. Paul fire department needs shift in resources toward EMS, study says
- 06/15/17 – What Works Cities: How local governments are changing lives
- 06/12/17 – Pioneer Press: St. Paul's 'Pop-Up Power to the People' project among Knight Cities Challenge winners
- 04/26/17 – What Works Cities Blog: In Saint Paul, Making Buildings, Residents Safer
- 04/25/17 – Governing: Improving Water Quality Doesn't Have to Wash Away Budgets
- 03/30/17 – PolicyLink: Expanding Opportunity in City Contracts: St. Paul's Racial Equity Strategy
- 12/21/16 – What Works Cities Blog: Seven Strategies for Engaging Vendors to Improve Contracting Results
- 12/09/16 – MinnPost: Rain as a resource: St. Paul innovates shared, sustainable stormwater management
- 11/02/16 – Governing: Uncovering Hidden Infrastructure for a Brighter Future
- 10/13/16 – Star Tribune: Puddles will have a purpose on St. Paul's West Side Flats
- 09/07/16 – Pioneer Press: Using Data for better service in St. Paul
- 08/01/16 – What Works Cities Blog: Improving Createch: When Data led to an "aha moment" in St. Paul
- 06/15/16 – Pioneer Press: St. Paul to launch "Open for Business" initiative
- 06/08/16 – Pioneer Press: Progress in St. Paul Public Works
- 05/16/16 – Robert Wood Johnson Foundation: Reinvestment Fund and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Award $3 Million to Improve Health in Low-Income Neighborhoods
- 03/22/16 – Pioneer Press: This is how St. Paul wants to put its storm water to good use
- 03/17/16 – Governing: Introducing the City Accelerator's Third Cohort
- 02/17/16 – Governing: Cities Build Up Innovation to Tackle Breakdown in Infrastructure
- 02/17/16 – Governing: In Snow Removal, a Model for Change
- 12/27/15 – Pioneer Press: St. Paulites’ snow plowing expectations don’t match city policy
- 12/22/15 – Star Tribune: Survey to help refine St. Paul plowing
- 12/22/15 – MinnPost: Survey shows St. Paul residents generally satisfied with snow plowing
- 12/14/15 – Pioneer Press editorial: Making data work for St. Paul
- 12/09/15 – Pioneer Press: St. Paul gets big lift from Bloomberg foundation to innovate government
- 11/23/15 – Next City: St. Paul Pop-Up Brings City Hall to the People
- 09/28/15 – Pioneer Press editorial: St. Paul: ‘To be more efficient in how we deploy our resources’
In August 2013, the creation of the Innovation Team was announced. The team is housed out of the Office of Financial Services and reports to both the Mayor’s Office and the Chief Financial Officer. With the launch of this team in 2014, Saint Paul became one of a growing network of cities across the country establishing innovation teams to develop and deliver new and improved services for the 21st century.