In 2016, the City of Saint Paul launched a multi-year process to update its Comprehensive Plan. In 2016, we spoke to over 2,000 people as a part of an extensive community engagement process to draft a forward-thinking vision to guide the city’s development over the next 20 years. In 2017 and 2018, the plan was drafted and additional outreach was conducted with district councils and via two open houses in June 2018. Additionally in 2018, initial feedback on the draft was received from the Metropolitan Council and adjacent cities and overlapping organizations like the Port Authority and watershed districts.
The City of Saint Paul anticipates following the schedule outlined below to formally adopt the Comprehensive Plan. All dates past the January 11 public hearing are preliminary and will be formally scheduled at a later date - sign up for emails to receive the official dates when they are set.
- Official public comment period (written comments accepted) – November 2, 2018 - January 11, 2019
- Planning Commission public hearing – January 11, 2019
- Comment period/Planning Commission public hearing for Mississippi River Critical Area Chapter only -- May 2019
- City Council public hearing for entire draft plan – June 2019
- Adopted by City Council – June 2019
- Submitted to the Metropolitan Council – June 2019