Sewer Project: Como Lake at Wheelock Parkway and Victoria Street
On March 19, a contractor working for Saint Paul’s Sewer Utility will begin a storm sewer replacement project. This project will impact pedestrian, bicycle and vehicle traffic near the southeast side of Como Lake. This sewer project is estimated to be completed by April 30. Every effort will be made to minimize impacts to the Como Lake Regional Trail.
- The intersection of Victoria Street and East Como Lake Drive will be closed at Wheelock Parkway (March 19-April 30, 2018). See maps for pedestrian, bicycle and vehicle detours.
- The Como Lake Regional Trail will be passable on weekends during construction.
- Whenever possible, the Como Lake Regional Trail will be opened at the end of each construction work day.
- During some work days, the Como Lake Regional Trail will need to be detoured around the Wheelock Parkway intersection. Detour signage will be posted along the trail and at the Wheelock Parkway intersection.
- ADA compliant pedestrian ramps and concrete barriers will be positioned where needed during construction.
- Bus routes and stops along Maryland Avenue will not be impacted.
Week of March 19-23
- On Tuesday, March 20, Victoria Street and East Como Lake Drive intersections at Wheelock Parkway will be closed
- Construction on a temporary bypass detour for Como Lake Regional Trail