Budget and Property Tax Resources
City of Saint Paul Budget Quick Links
- Council's budget services
- Office of Financial Services
- 2018 City Budget
- 2018 City Capital Improvement Budget
Ramsey County Taxpayer Services
Ramsey County provides taxpayer support including tax payments, assessing, and recording services. If you are a property owner in Ramsey County, Minnesota, and have questions about your property taxes or property assessment, email AskPropertyTaxandRecords@co.ramsey.mn.us.
The budgeting process is actually a year-round effort with tax levies adopted late in the fall, tax payments due in May and October. List of key budget presentation dates can be found here.
Understanding Property Tax Videos
- Why taxes go up and down video (Produced by League of Minnesota Cities, Association of Minnesota Counties and the Minnesota School Boards Association, 2006.)
- Property Tax Videos - Nobody likes paying bills, but we all do expect to pay for the goods and services that contribute to our quality of life. The city portion of your property tax bill may look like a big number, but if you do the math, you may find that the city's services cost you no more than those treats you choose to buy yourself every day. Watch "Hill of Beans" video.
- The Truth in Taxation Statement comes out in November and it's supposed to help you estimate your total property tax bill. But it never matches the actual tax statement that you receive in March. Find out why on "Your Property Tax Dollar" video.