Study ID: HUM00221771 IRB: Health Sciences and Behavioral Sciences Date Approved: 8/29/2022
Sign up for CollegeBound Boost Today!
The City of Saint Paul is launching a new initiative called CollegeBound Boost to expand Saint Paul’s guaranteed income and college savings programs. Led by the Saint Paul Office of Financial Empowerment (OFE), the goal of this demonstration is simple, get cash to families to help you achieve economic security and buy the things you need—food, housing and other essentials—while also helping you provide for your child’s future.
OFE and researchers from the University of Michigan’s School of Social Work are partnering with Pan Atlantic Research to conduct the CollegeBound Boost Study. The study will test new and innovative strategies to provide additional financial supports to families in CollegeBound Saint Paul, the City’s college savings initiative which is providing every child born to a Saint Paul resident on or after January 1, 2020 with a college savings account and a $50 seed deposit.
You were contacted by Pan Atlantic Research because you have a child with a CollegeBound Saint Paul account. You may be eligible to participate in CollegeBound Boost depending on your address and household income. If you agree to participate in the study, you will be randomly assigned to one of three groups for 24 months. You may receive:
- Additional deposits in your child’s CollegeBound Saint Paul account; or
- Additional monthly income plus additional deposits in your child’s CollegeBound account; or
- Continue to be in CollegeBound Saint Paul with the current $50 seed deposit and opportunities to earn bonuses.
All participants will receive a $40 pre-paid VISA gift card for participating in the study, and will receive additional $40 gift cards after completing surveys at 12 and 24 months after enrolling in the study.
Who is eligible for CollegeBound Boost?
Participants will be randomly selected from families who meet the following:
- be the parent or guardian of a CollegeBound Saint Paul beneficiary: a child born to a Saint Paul resident on or after January 1, 2020;
- be a current resident of Saint Paul; and
- verify that the household’s income is at or below the program’s income eligibility guidelines (see Table 1)
How do I sign up for the CollegeBound Boost study?
- If you would like to sign up, Click here to be directed away from the City of Saint Paul website to the CollegeBound Boost consent page. Here, you will consent to participate in the study and answer a few questions to verify your eligibility. To sign up, you will need to enter your child’s birthdate and Participant Code that are listed on the brochure you received from Pan Atlantic Research.
- After you submit the form, Pan Atlantic Research will contact you by email, text or phone to let you know whether you qualify for the study and confirm your participation in the study.
- The City of Saint Paul will contact you with additional instructions to enroll in CollegeBound Boost based upon the group to which you have been randomly assigned.
If you are unable to sign up for the CollegeBound Boost Study online, please call Pan Atlantic Research at 651-356-8068 to provide your information by phone.
If you have questions about CollegeBound Saint Paul or your child’s account, contact OFE at 651-266-8829 or email@example.com.