Thank you for volunteering with Saint Paul Natural Resources! Volunteers greatly increase the reach and efficiency of our gardening, forestry, environmental, and environmental education programs. Check out our regular openings below to find one that interests you or your small group.
Here's how to get involved:
- Submit a volunteer APPLICATION.
- Meet with the volunteer coordinator.
- Sign an agreement form. Certain positions may require a training or orientation.
- Start volunteering!
All volunteer positions require a commitment of one growing season (April through October).
- RESTORATION SUPERVISORS work closely with staff to help improve and maintain areas of high ecological significance in Saint Paul. Restoration Supervisors assist with supervising volunteers during large habitat restoration events. They may also lead small volunteer events in the absence of staff.
- ECOSTEWARDS are individuals and small groups who are dedicated to preserving, protecting and restoring natural areas and vital ecosystems. They adopt a parcel of land in the Como Woodland Outdoor Classroom in Como Regional Park.
- GARDEN STEWARDS are individuals and groups who care for the many gardens in Saint Paul by planting, weeding, mulching and providing general garden maintenance.
- PARK STEWARDS are individuals and small groups who assist in the upkeep and general beautification of Saint Paul's parks and trails.
If you aren't able or ready to commit to an entire season, sign up for our environmental volunteers e-newsletter. We frequently hold one-time volunteer events in the spring and summer, as well, which only require a commitment of a couple of hours after work on a weekday or on a Saturday morning.