2020 Seed Squad Events
Individuals or small groups. All ages are welcome, but may be best suited for ages 8 and up. Must be able to navigate uneven terrain.
Harvest native seed from some of our highest quality natural areas. The collected seed will later be sown and/or propagated and planted to increase diversity for wildlife and pollinators. Volunteers do not need to be present the entire time—come during any portion of the event that works for you but we ask that you pre-register each individual. Attend as many events as you would like and there’s no experience necessary.
- Thursday, September 3rd | 5:30-7:30 pm | Phalen Regional Park- Lakeside Activity Center (1530 Phalen Dr)
- Tuesday, September 15th | 5:30-7:30 pm | Wakan Tipi/Bruce Vento Nature Sanctuary (4th St E)
- Saturday, September 26th | 9:00-11:00 am | Wakan Tipi/Bruce Vento Nature Sanctuary (4th St E)
- Saturday, September 26th | 3:00-5:00 pm | Como Woodland Outdoor Classroom (1221 Wynne Ave)
- Saturday, October 3rd | 9:00-11:00 am | Trout Brook Nature Sanctuary (1200 Jackson St)
Pre-registration is required. Please sign all members up, including children as our spaces are limited. If a session is full, please keep checking back to see if any spots open up.
- Maintain at least six feet of distance from other attendees who are not part of the same household.
- Masks are required to be worn during the entire event.
- Please do not use other participant's tools. All tools used will be sanitized before and after the event. We suggest you bring your own gardening gloves as they will not be provided.
- Anyone who is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath should not attend.
- Anyone who is at a higher risk of illness should consider not attending.
- Follow all CDC and State of MN outdoor park and recreation guidelines.
- Regular park rules and regulations apply.