Volunteer Events Calendar
Volunteer with Saint Paul Natural Resources
Browse our upcoming volunteer events below.
Seed Squad Volunteer Events
- What: Seed Squad volunteers are individuals or small groups who harvest native seed from some of our highest quality natural areas. The collected seed will later be sown and/or propagated and planted to increase plant diversity for wildlife and pollinators. These volunteer events will be "drop-in" style, so you are not obligated to stay the entire time. Come to as many or as few events as you'd like. No experience necessary.
- Thursday, September 1st | 6pm-8pm | Bruce Vento Nature Sanctuary | 265 Commercial Street, Saint Paul, MN
- Wednesday, September 14th | 6pm-8pm | Eastside Heritage Park | 735 Phalen Boulevard, Saint Paul, MN
- Thursday, September 29th | 4:30pm-6:30pm | Como Woodland Outdoor Classroom | 1221 Como Avenue, Saint Paul, MN
- Saturday, October 8th | 9am-11am | Lilydale Regional Park | 651 Lilydale Road, Saint Paul, MN
- Tuesday, October 11th | 5pm-7pm | Phalen Regional Park | 1600 Phalen Drive, Saint Paul, MN
- Wednesday, October 19th | 5pm-7pm | Bruce Vento Regional Park | 265 Commercial Street, Saint Paul, MN
- Who: All ages welcome, but may be best suited for ages 10 and up. Must be able to navigate uneven terrain.
- Click here to register, or follow this link: https://goo.gl/forms/hqmTFFOUPib4RM1v1
National Public Lands Day -- Indian Mounds Regional Park
- What: Brush hauling volunteer event. Remove woody invasive species from the site as we begin site preparations for enhancement of the beautiful oak woodland at Indian Mounds Regional Park. Tools and gloves provided.
- When: Saturday, September 24th, 2016 | 8:45-9 am Registration; 9 am Kickoff and Instructions; 9:15-11 am Brush Hauling
- Where: Indian Mounds Regional Park - Municipal Forest just east of Burns Avenue and Clarence Street intersection
- Who: 50 volunteers; recommended for individuals in fifth (5th) grade and up
- Click here to register, or follow this link: https://goo.gl/forms/GLXy6JWyjH9YI9h03
Immediately following the volunteer event, Saint Paul Natural Resources and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) are hosting a festival at Hidden Falls Regional Park (1313 Hidden Falls Dr, Saint Paul, MN) to celebrate National Public Lands Day and the close of our summer initiative Explore Outdoors Saint Paul. Go canoeing on the Mississippi River, shoot a bow and arrow, cook food over a fire, see live native fish, try geocaching, scale the climbing wall and more. All equipment provided. This free, family-friendly festival takes place from 11 am-3 pm. No need to register for the festival.
Thanks to our friends at the National Park Service, Mississippi Park Connection, and REI for supporting this event!
National Public Lands Day -- Como Regional Park
Help plant trees in Como Regional Park. Stay tuned to this webpage for more information and registration soon.