Rental Rehab Loan Program
The Rental Rehab Loan Program provides no-interest loans to landlords committed to preserving affordable rental housing. Qualified landlords can receive up to $40,000 to make health, safety, accessibility, energy-efficient and/or curb appeal upgrades to their rental properties.
Loans are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis until the program's complete fund of $750,000 has been distributed.
- Have a valid Certificate of Occupancy
- Preserve 50% of units for occupants earning at or less than 60% AMI through the 10-year loan term
- Be 7 units or less
Loans can be used for:
- Lead-based paint corrections;
- Tree trimming related to structural interference;
- Landscaping, including grading work;
- Window or roof replacement;
- HVAC and electrical upgrades; and/or,
- Additional basic and necessary improvements for deferred maintenance activities, health and safety, habitability, energy efficiency, accessibility, livability and/or curb appeal.
See full program guidelines for more details
- Type: Loan
- Maximum award: $40,000
- Loan terms:
- Interest: 0%
- Term: 10 years
- Repayment: Due quarterly
- Application Fees:
- Due with application: $50, for title search and credit check
- Due at closing: $246, for closing and recording
Completed applications should be mailed to:
City of Saint Paul
ATTN: Rental Rehab Loan Program
25 W 4th Street, Suite 1100
Saint Paul, MN 5510
Completed applications include:
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 paid to the order of "City of Saint Paul." Check or money order accepted.
- Completed Application Form, including:
- Signed Landlord's Responsibilities and Expectations
- Signed Authorization to Release Information
- Attachments including:
For questions, contact Jules Atangana, Principal Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 266-6552.
- Program Guidelines
- Income and Rent Limits
- Owners Guide for Improving Residential Fire Inspection Grades