Arlington Avenue Mill and Overlay
Project Update 5/27/2020:
Due to weather last fall, the mill and paving work on Arlington was tentatively postponed to early 2020. With the COVID-19 pandemic the final mill and overlay will need to be completed in September 2020.
Mill and overlay work is done on Saint Paul’s arterial (or main) streets. Crews will “mill,” or remove approximately the top two inches of the roadway and then “overlay,” or repave the street with new asphalt. The repaving portion is weather dependent, but the entire process typically takes two to four days. Road striping will be completed in the days following the repaving of the street.
What you need to do:
- Please move your car off the street. We will post “No Parking” signs the day before the project begins.
- Cars that are not moved will be ticketed and towed.
- The street will have temporary closures or lane restrictions during milling and repaving operations. We will try to maintain access to driveways, but there may be temporary access restrictions.
- Please notify any tenants/renters or visitors about the project and no parking restrictions.
Project costs: All abutting property owners will be charged a fee of 50% of the mill and overlay project costs. The city pays the remaining 50% of the project. Property owners will receive a bill for the resurfacing project after the work has been completed.
The estimated rate for the repaving project is $17.34/per front linear foot.
Estimated Project Timeline (weather dependent): COMPLETED September 15
- Concrete pedestrian improvements and ADA-compliant ramp work were completed in October 2019.
- Street to be milled (remove approximately the top two inches of the roadway) in September 2020.
- Street to be paved (putting down new asphalt) in September 2020.
Saint Paul Public Works was not able to get the entire project completed in 2020 as planned. The mill and overlay will be done in fall 2020. Property owners, but will be billed at the completion of the entire project.