Arlington Avenue Mill and Overlay
Mill and overlay work is done on Saint Paul’s arterial (or main) streets. Crews will “mill,” or remove approximately the top two inches of the roadway and then “overlay,” or repave the street with new asphalt. The repaving portion is weather dependent, but the entire process typically takes two to four days. Road striping will be completed in the days following the repaving of the street.
What you need to do:
- Please move your car off the street. We will post “No Parking” signs the day before the project begins. Cars that are not moved will be ticketed and towed.
- The street will have temporary closures or lane restrictions during milling and repaving operations. We will try to maintain access to driveways, but there may be temporary access restrictions.
- Please notify any tenants/renters or visitors about the project and no parking restrictions.
Project costs: All abutting property owners will be charged a fee of 50% of the mill and overlay project costs. The city pays the remaining 50% of the project. Property owners will receive a bill for the resurfacing project after the work has been completed.
The estimated rate for the repaving project is $17.34/per front linear foot.
Estimated Project Timeline (weather dependent):
- Concrete pedestrian improvements and ADA-compliant ramp work to be completed by end of October.
- Street to be milled (remove approximately the top two inches of the roadway) at the end of October or beginning of November
- Street to be paved (putting down new asphalt) at the beginning of November. This work could also occur on a Saturday.
Saint Paul Public Works is making every effort to get this project completed this year as planned; however, weather delays could occur and we may need to complete the work in spring of 2020.
If this occurs, please note that the estimated project rate WILL NOT change for property owners, but will be billed at the completion of the entire project.