Sewer Project: Kittsondale Storm Tunnel Repairs (Phase 2)
The Kittsondale storm tunnel system serves a large area of Saint Paul. Saint Paul Sewer Division will be doing needed maintenance and repairs in portions of the tunnel system in the coming years to ensure the effective use and operations of the system.
Phase 2 of the Kittsondale Storm Tunnel Repairs Project is scheduled to begin November 2020 and completed Spring 2021. The project will use the Bayard storm staff located on Bayard Avenue between Canton Street and Bay Street.
As part of the process, prospective contract bidders will need to access the tunnel on September 14-17. During that time, “No Parking” signs will be posted on both sides of Bayard Street from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- No Parking – September 14-17 (7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) and during active project work as needed November 2020-Spring 2021
- Driveway access will be maintained
- Alley access will be maintained
- Sidewalks to remain open
- Contractor is responsible for snow removal within the work site, and to next nearest street intersection
- Handicap parking signs in front of 750 Bayard will be temporarily relocated to the west along Bayard Avenue
Phase 1 of this project was started in November 2019 and completed in June 2020. Work sites for the Phase 1 project included:
- Carroll and Wilder Avenue Work Site
- Bayard and Bay Work Site
- Ashland and Syndicate Work Site