A disorderly house is defined as any building, dwelling, place, establishment, or premises where there are violations of City ordinances or state laws concerning:

  • Sale of liquor or 3.2 beer
  • Gambling
  • Prostitution
  • Solicitation to vice
  • Lewd or indecent behavior
  • Sale or use of drugs

Such establishments can be considered a public nuisance and dealt with under those ordinances.

Reporting a Disorderly House

Complaints should be directed to the Police Department at 651-291-1111, to make them aware of the problem and to establish a record of complaints for presentation as evidence. Residents can also use the petition process to bring the nuisance to the attention of the City Council for action.(see Public Nuisance)

Return to Resident Handbook

Last Edited: March 2, 2017