Ottawa Ave. Main Replacement
The original cast iron water main within the project area was installed in 1928.
It has suffered repeated breaks over the years and has exceeded its useful life.
SGP Contracting, Inc., under contract with SPRWS, will replace the existing cast iron water main with ductile iron pipe via open cut excavation.
Replace 1,100 ft. – 6” water main
Replace valves and hydrants
Restore street pavement as needed
Thursday, June 13, 2019
- SGP Contracting has been making steady progress on water main replacement work in Saint Paul, MN. Once the scheduled work on this side of the river has been completed, SGP will mobilize to Ottawa Ave. and begin water main replacement there.
- Project activities will begin with the installation of the temporary water mains that will supply residents with water throughout the water main replacement project. We anticipate that SPRWS crews will begin to install temporary water mains sometime between June 24th and July 5th.
- Temporary water main installation should be minimally disruptive to residents. Traffic access should be normal during temporary water main installation
- Water main replacement work is expected to begin in mid-July.
Friday, May 31, 2019
- SGP Contracting Inc. has been selected as the contractor for this project
- SGP is currently completing other water main replacement projects within the city of Saint Paul. The timeline for beginning work on Ottawa Ave will depend upon the rate of progress on those projects. Presently we expect that the project will likely begin in early to mid-July