Celebrate National Public Lands Day on Sept. 22
Saint Paul Parks and Recreation, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR), and many other organizations are teaming up for a national celebration of our public lands! Bring your family to the Mississippi River to try fishing, climbing, archery, biking, and more. Enjoy free outdoor activities with all equipment provided!
When: Saturday, September 22 from 11am-3pm
Where: Hidden Falls Regional Park, 1313 Hidden Falls Drive, Saint Paul, MN 55116
Come down to the water’s edge to try out different ways of enjoying our public lands. No experience necessary.
- Adventure out on a bike ride
- Shoot a bow and arrow
- Go fishing
- Climb trees with a safety harness
- Watch for migrating birds
- Play outdoor games
- Canoe the Mississippi River
- Vinyasa yoga at noon and 1:30pm (bring your own mat)
- Learn an Ojibwe song with Sharon Day at approximately 2:30pm
- Food available for purchase from Smoke Sessions BBQ food truck
Bring a picnic and enjoy an unforgettable day outdoors with your family. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Parking is limited in the parking lot. Plenty of neighborhood parking is available. Those who are able are encouraged to park in the neighborhood or walk, bike or carpool to the event so parking spaces are available for those with mobility issues or small children. Event will be held rain or shine.