Saint Paul Bridge Fund
Like communities across our nation, the City of Saint Paul is responding to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic in alignment with the guidance of our public health officials. While all of us adapt to this rapidly changing situation, we have a duty to ensure not only the health and safety of our residents but a responsibility to ensure all of us can find relief amid the economic impact of this pandemic. The Saint Paul Bridge Fund will provide emergency relief for the small businesses and families in our community who need it most.
The Saint Paul Bridge Fund is supported by proposed Saint Paul Housing and Redevelopment Authority funds, and the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Ecolab Foundation, Securian Foundation, Minnesota United FC, Minnesota Wild, Saint Paul & Minnesota Foundation, and Xcel Energy.
The proposal was adopted at a special meeting of the Housing and Redevelopment Authority on Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
For updates on the Saint Paul Bridge Fund and the City of Saint Paul's COVID-19 response, subscribe to the COVID-19 bulletin.
Download a flyer:
- Saint Paul Bridge Fund (English)
- Pob Nyiaj Pab Txhawb Hauv Saint Paul (Hmoob)
- Saint Paul Bridge Fund (ကညီကျိ)
- Fandii Seent Pool Biriij (Afaan Oromoo)
- Sanduuqa Buundada Saint Paul (Soomaali)
- Fondo Puente de Saint Paul (Español)
Bridge Fund for Families
Since Mayor Carter's presentation to the City Council on March 25, two changes have been made to the Saint Paul Bridge Fund for Families program proposal. Following community feedback about eligibility for students enrolled in charter and private schools, all families with at least one child under 18 will be eligible to apply to the Saint Paul Bridge Fund for Families.
Additionally, following the passage of a Federal-aid package that provides grants of $1,200 per adult for people earning up to $75,000, along with expanded unemployment insurance payments and eligibility, the Bridge Fund for Families will offer $1,000 grants, instead of $2,000 originally presented, to better complement this federal aid, and to double the number of families served.
Eligible families will have:
- Income at or below 40% Area Median Income, which is $40,000 for a family of four,
- At least one minor child present in the household, and
- Experienced a loss of income due to COVID-19.
Bridge Fund for Small Businesses
The Saint Paul Bridge Fund includes a $2.25 million investment to provide $7,500 grants for immediate business expenses, including but not limited to:
- Rent/mortgage payments
- Employee health benefits
- Leave payments and payroll
- Accounts payables
- Payments due to suppliers
Eligible small business will have:
- gross revenue of $2 million or less,
- been in operation for the last three months in Saint Paul, and
- had their revenues significantly impacted by COVID-19