In response to the rapid growth of tech jobs, the cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul have teamed up with regional employers and three high-quality accelerated learning programs continuing to produce innovative programs and solutions to help meet this demand, including:
- Prime Digital Academy offers a Full Stack software development bootcamp as well as a newer user experience design program.
- Creating IT Futures offers hardware technical support and IT training programs through their IT-Ready 8-week intensive course.
- Software Guild offers a software development bootcamp in either Java or .NET/C# languages and a new part-time online program.
MSP TechHire training partners prepare students through accelerated training boot camps or online training to become service/help desk, desktop support, software developers, or user experience designers depending on which training students access. In addition to in-demand technical skills and job placement support, training includes soft skills like workplace communications as well as connections to employers looking at non-traditional candidates. Hired graduates receive ongoing support as they acclimate to their work environment to ensure long-term success and continued growth.
Since the programs first inception in 2015, MSP TechHire has:
- Graduated over 1,600 students from accelerated learning programs;
- Guided 1,322 graduates to full-time positions at 500 employer partners;
- Awarded 177 scholarships to low-income job seekers
- Placed approximately 85% of graduates into new careers
Follow MSP TechHire on social media using #MSPTechHire and #TechHire.
Through the Full Stack Saint Paul program, the City of Saint Paul funds a limited number of scholarships each year to extend training opportunities to community members.
- Live in Saint Paul;
- 18 years or older;
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Be un- or underemployed;*
- *Underemployed includes employed residents with wages or positions below their education/training level
- And either:
- A member of an undepresented community in technology (ie: people of color, women, and persons with disabilities).
- Have a household income of 50% Area Median Income (AMI) or below:
- $31,650 for a family of two
- $36,200 for a family of three
- $40,700 for a family of four
- $45,200 for a family of five
- $48,850 for a family of six
- $52,450 for a family of seven
- $56,050 for a family of eight
To apply, contact Kowsar D. Mohamed, Project Manager at (651) 266-1116 or firstname.lastname@example.org