Group Volunteer Projects
Thank you for volunteering with Saint Paul Natural Resources! Help prepare or clean up gardens, improve and maintain natural areas or pick up trash in our parks, while working together as a team. We have several large-scale, one-time volunteer projects each month during the growing season (April through October). Saint Paul Natural Resources will tailor a private volunteer project for your group to work together. Projects are typically scheduled for two hours and are available during the work day, Monday through Friday, or Saturday mornings. Projects must be requested at least THREE weeks prior to the requested date(s). Project activities may include: habitat restoration, planting native species, planting gardens, removal of invasive species, mulching, brush hauling, litter removal, and other special projects in natural areas.
How to Get Involved
- Meet Group Volunteer Project Requirements (see below)
- Submit a project application.
- Plan project with volunteer coordinator and your group
Group Volunteer Project Requirements
All groups must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of 10 people - for groups of less than 10, please join one of our one-time volunteer events.
- Submit application at least three weeks prior to the requested date(s).
- Understand that the volunteer project will take place rain or shine, but may be canceled for severe weather.
Groups with youth volunteers (under 18) must meet the above requirements AND the following additional requirements:
- Volunteers need to be in fifth grade or older.
- Meet the Saint Paul Natural Resources youth-to-adult ratio requirements.
- Grades 5-8: 10 students to 1 adult
- Grades 9-12: 15 students to 1 adult
- Understand that your group or organization is responsible for youth participating in the project at all times.
- Collect parental/guardian consent that allows youth under the age of 18 to participate in events such as a Saint Paul Natural Resources volunteer project.
A warm thank you to all of the groups who participated in a group volunteer project in 2016!
|3M||Affinity Plus||Ankey Christian Church|
|Boston Scientific||Central High School||City and County Credit Union|
|City of Lilydale||Concordia University- Football Team||CorePower|
|Ecova||Fairmount Ave Methodist Church||Friends of the Mississippi River|
|Ginew/Golden Eagle||Guardian Angels Church||Guadalupe Alternative Programs (GAP)|
|Health Partners||Incredible Edible||Lower Phalen Creek Project|
|Minnesota Wild||Mississippi Park Connection||MN National Guard- Teens|
|Morrissey Hospitality Church||Mounds Park Academy||Murray Middle School|
|Normandale Lutheran Church||North Lakes Academy||Parkway Montessori|
|Securian Financial||Sheltered Reality||St. Andrews Church|
|Tartan High School||Tree Trust||Twin Cities Academy|
|US Bank||Word of Peach Lutheran Church||Xcel Engery|