Group Volunteer Projects
Thank you for volunteering with Saint Paul Natural Resources! Help prepare or clean up gardens, improve and maintain natural areas or pick up trash in our parks, while working together as a team. We have several large-scale, one-time volunteer projects each month during the growing season (April through October). Saint Paul Natural Resources will tailor a private volunteer project for your group to work together. Projects are typically scheduled for two hours and are available during the work day, Monday through Friday, or Saturday mornings. Projects must be requested at least THREE weeks prior to the requested date(s). Project activities may include: habitat restoration, planting native species, planting gardens, removal of invasive species, mulching, brush hauling, litter removal, and other special projects in natural areas.
How to Get Involved
- Meet Group Volunteer Project Requirements (see below)
- Submit a project application.
- Plan project with volunteer coordinator and your group
Group Volunteer Project Requirements
All groups must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of 10 people - for groups of less than 10, please join one of our one-time volunteer events.
- Submit application at least three weeks prior to the requested date(s).
- Understand that the volunteer project will take place rain or shine, but may be canceled for severe weather.
Groups with youth volunteers (under 18) must meet the above requirements AND the following additional requirements:
- Volunteers need to be in fifth grade or older.
- Meet the Saint Paul Natural Resources youth-to-adult ratio requirements.
- Grades 5-8: 10 students to 1 adult
- Grades 9-12: 15 students to 1 adult
- Understand that your group or organization is responsible for youth participating in the project at all times.
- Collect parental/guardian consent that allows youth under the age of 18 to participate in events such as a Saint Paul Natural Resources volunteer project.
|A warm thank you to all of the groups who participated in a group volunteer project in 2015.|
|3M||Affinity Plus Credit Union||AFSA Middle School|
|Ameriprise Financial||Capitol Region Watershed District||Coca-Cola|
|Conservation Corps of Minnesota and Iowa||Crowne Plaza Minneapolis Northstar Downtown||Ecova|
|EnergyPrint||Enterprise Rent-A-Car||FaithPoint Lutheran Church|
|Friends of the Mississippi River||Great River Greening||Great River School|
|Green Corps||Guadalupe Alternative Program (GAP)||Guardian Angels Church|
|HealthPartners||International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) Local 21||King of Kings Church|
|KPMG||Lumen Christi Catholic Community||Macalester Football Team|
|Metropolitan State University||Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA)||Minnetonka Transition Plus|
|Mississippi Park Connection||Mounds Park Academy||Murray High School|
|National Park Service (NPS)||Parkway Montessori & Community Middle School||Power of We|
|Prairie Seeds Academy||Ramsey-Washington Metro Watershed District||Rescare|
|Riverlife Church||Stantec||The Ackerberg Group|
|University of Northwestern||Urban Roots||US Bank|
|Whole Foods Market||Xcel Energy||Yinghua Academy Junior Girl Scouts|
|YMCA||Youth in Action! (CLUES)|