Group Volunteer Projects
Thank you for volunteering with Saint Paul Natural Resources! We are excited to work with you and tailor your private service learning to fit the needs of your group. Groups activities may include: habitat restoration, planting native species, planting gardens, removal of invasive species, mulching, brush hauling, litter removal, and other special projects in natural areas:
* from April through October
* for groups of 10-80 volunteers
* for youth/teens, adults and families of all abilities. No previous experience necessary
* on weekdays; morning or early afternoons (limited Saturday morning availability)
* 2 hour time slots
How to Get Involved
- Projects must be requested at least THREE weeks prior to the requested date(s)
- Meet Group Volunteer Project Requirements (see below)
- Email the following to Tricia at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization Name
- Contact Person
- Phone Number
- Estimated # of Volunteers
- Date, time and location preferences (if any)
- Additional Notes
- Plan project with volunteer coordinator and your group
Group Volunteer Project Requirements
All groups must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of 10 people - for groups of less than 10, please join one of our one-time volunteer events.
- Submit application at least three weeks prior to the requested date(s).
- Understand that the volunteer project will take place rain or shine, but may be canceled for severe weather.
Groups with youth volunteers (under 18) must meet the above requirements AND the following additional requirements:
- Volunteers need to be in fifth grade or older.
- Meet the Saint Paul Natural Resources youth-to-adult ratio requirements.
- Grades 5-8: 10 students to 1 adult
- Grades 9-12: 15 students to 1 adult
- Understand that your group or organization is responsible for youth participating in the project at all times.
- Collect parental/guardian consent that allows youth under the age of 18 to participate in events such as a Saint Paul Natural Resources volunteer project.
A warm thank you to all of the groups who participated in a group volunteer project in 2018!