Open 8am to 10pm daily
- Saint Paul Public Works Snow Plow Information
- Snow Emergency FAQs
- Ticket and Tow FAQs
- Snow Emergency Parking
- Multi-Lingual Snow Emergency Information Ticket, Towing & Storage Fees
- Parking Ticket: $56.00 (payable at the Impound Lot, by mail, by phone, online or at the Violations Bureau)
- $275.08 (cash or credit) to get your vehicle out of the impound lot if you pick it up before midnight the day it is towed.
- Total for ticket and tow at the Impound Lot on the first day of Impoundment would be $331.08.
- A $15 storage fee is added to this amount for each additional day the vehicle is on the lot.
To reclaim a vehicle, residents are reminded to bring the following items with them to the impound lot:
- Proof of vehicle ownership: Title, Bill of Sale or Lease Agreement If the vehicle has been registered within the last 4-8 weeks
- Valid Photo ID* or Driver's License is sufficient proof of ownership for vehicles that have been registered for more than 8 weeks.
- Proof of current insurance for the vehicle that you are picking up
- Cash or Major credit cards to pay your fees
- Keys to the vehicle
*Accepted forms of ID: State issued ID, Permit or Drivers License, Passport, Military ID or Consulate ID
If you are not the registered owner you will need:
- Personal Vehicle: Same last name and same address or a notarized letter with a copy of the owners photo ID.
- Rental or Company owned vehicle: The company must be notified by the driver and will only be released with faxed authorization from the company.
- Repossession: An Affidavit of Repossession (or Writ of Replevin) and a lien holder's card are required in order to release a vehicle to a lien holder or their authorized representative
- NO EXCEPTIONS!
Tow Lot Locations
As of 12/3/2019 all abandoned vehicles ticketed and towed will be towed to the SPPD Impound lot at 1129 Cathlin St. Saint Paul MN 55108 651.603.6895
Generally, if a vehicle is towed south of the Mississippi River, or south of I-94 and east of Lafayette Road, it will be taken to the impound lot at 830 Barge Channel Road. 651-266-5642
Vehicles towed from elsewhere in the city will be taken to the impound lot at 1129 Cathlin Street, across from the State Fairgrounds. 651-603-6895 or 651-266-5642 Map of Cathlin Street lot
Before traveling to either lot, the city recommends that residents check the City Wide Map to determine where their vehicle has been taken.
The impound lots are managed by the Saint Paul Police Department 651-291-1111