Property Owners & Landlords Who Have Tenants
Beginning October 1, 2018, the new City ordinance will require all Saint Paul residential property owners of 1-4 unit households, including rentals, to have each unit participate in the citywide garbage program.
You will need to:
- discuss household garbage needs with your tenant
- provide one garbage cart per unit -- no sharing
- choose the cart size and service level for the residence by June 1; if a cart size was not selected, and there was previously no garbage service at the property, each unit will receive a medium sized cart in September.
- serve as the designated billing contact for the garbage hauler; pay quarterly statements
- work with your tenant and hauler to address any garbage collection issues
- make sure house numbers are clearly visible on garages