A Plumbing / Gas Fitting License allows the holder to engage in the business, trade or work having to do with the installation, remodel, alteration or repair of plumbing and gas systems, or part thereof, in Saint Paul.
See Chapter 369 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about building trade business licenses.
You must submit the following:
- A completed Building Trades Business License Application
- A current City of Saint Paul Certificate of Competency (Master Plumber)
- A Certificate of Insurance with a combined single limit of liability for bodily injury and property damage of $500,000; or $500,000 bodily injury and $200,000 property damage and 30-day notice of cancellation
- A $25,000 Master Code Compliance Bond from the Minnesota Department of Health, if for a plumbing license only (If insurance is included on the bond, no separate certificate of insurance is required)
- Proof of Worker's Compensation
- A Minnesota Tax ID Number
- The required fee
If you have questions, contact the Plumbing Inspection Department at 651-266-9005, or email the DSI Message Center.
The annual fee for trade licenses is $160.00 each.
All Trade Licenses expire on December 1 and may be renewed annually.