Flying contraptions, street parties, college football, soccer, playoff baseball, a country music concert … and road closures planned for Saturday, Sept. 7 in the capital city
Saturday, Sept. 7 is shaping up to be a busy day in Saint Paul.
At least six large events are expected to attract more than 200,000 people to the capital city, starting with Red Bull Flugtag St. Paul at 10:30 a.m. on Harriet Island and culminating with a St. Paul Saints playoff baseball game that starts at 7:05 p.m. at CHS Field.
In between there’s a street party on West Seventh Street, a University of St. Thomas football game, a Minnesota United Soccer game and a Thomas Rhett concert at the Xcel Energy Center.
And eastbound I-94 will be closed all day and night for resurfacing between Highway 280 and Western Avenue.
Space on city streets and parking will be at a premium, so anyone planning on attending any of the events is asked to leave early, be patient and use public transportation if possible. Metro Transit will be providing free rides on buses and trains to the street party in Saint Paul from 1 p.m. to 1 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 8. Ride passes are available for the street party and can be obtained by visiting https://www.snapsurveys.com/wh/s.asp?k=156631391198.
Throughout the day, more than 350 Saint Paul police officers will be working to keep everyone safe, secure and enjoying all the city has to offer.
A list of the day’s major events and links to more information follows.
Red Bull Flugtag St. Paul
10:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Gates open at 10:30 a.m.
- First team takes flight at noon
- Awards ceremony at 3:45 p.m.
- Watch from:
- Harriet Island Park, 200 Dr. Justus Ohage Blvd., St. Paul, Minn.
- Upper Landing Park, 180 Shepard Rd., St. Paul, Minn.
- Please note:
- Viewing the event from bridges will not be allowed
- Viewing the event from sidewalks will not be allowed
- Road closures, parking, rideshare, viewing, etc.: https://stpaul.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=df58967eb44341e0a4e072bea821f490
Flugtag Street Party
2 p.m.-11 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7
- West Seventh Street between Walnut Street and Kellogg Boulevard
- Road will be closed
- Shuttles to the Street Party will pick people up at the corner of Robert Street and Fillmore Avenue
- Metro Transit will be providing free rides on buses and light rail from noon to 1 a.m.
VOUCHER REQUIRED: https://www.snapsurveys.com/wh/s.asp?k=156631391198
St. Thomas Football vs. Trinity Int’l
Kickoff at 1:10 p.m.
- O’Shaughnessy Stadium, 2115 Summit Ave., St. Paul, Minn.
Minnesota United Soccer Game
7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7
- 400 Snelling Ave. N., St. Paul, Minn.
Thomas Rhett Concert
7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7
- Xcel Energy Center, 199 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, Minn.
St. Paul Saints Baseball Game
7:05 p.m. Saturday, Sept.
- CHS Field, 360 N. Broadway St., St. Paul, Minn.