Mayor Melvin Carter Announces Community Meetings on Public Safety
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 28, 2019
SAINT PAUL - Today, Mayor Melvin Carter announced three community meetings that will be held in November for community members to join conversations about public safety in Saint Paul. The meetings come following recent gun violence in Saint Paul as the Mayor considers proposing a supplemental public safety budget to the City Council.
“We will never accept violence as the norm.” said Mayor Melvin Carter. “Building the safe city we deserve will require new, proactive approaches to public safety, which must be built together.”
Events will be hosted by the Mayor's Office at these times and locations. They are free to attend and open to the public.
- Thursday, November 7, 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Central Baptist Church, 420 N Roy Street, Saint Paul, MN 55104
- Tuesday, November 12, 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Rice Recreation Center, 1021 Marion Street, Saint Paul, MN 55117
- Saturday, November 16 , 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Arlington Hills Community Center, 1200 Payne Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55130
More information is available at https://www.stpaul.gov/departments/mayors-office/public-safety-community-meetings