333.04 Crime Prevention Program
The department employs specialists in each patrol district responsible for reaching out to the community to provide advice and assistance in preventing crime.
Residential security survey program:
- Uniform premise survey forms shall be filled out at all surveys and a copy of said survey left with the concerned person.
- Ongoing consultation with departmental personnel to better enable the unit to respond to changing techniques in criminal activity.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the latest security hardware, locks, and a rudimentary knowledge of alarm systems and related items to serve as a resource for the department, city offices and the community.
Literature drop program:
Utilize volunteers in an attempt to saturate a targeted area with crime prevention materials.
- Develop special programs on as needed basis with assistance from the research and development unit and/or investigative units.
- Upon request, provide presentations to interested civic, community, business and neighborhood groups on any subject relating to crime prevention
Community education program:
- National Night Out
- Crime Free Multi-Unit Housing
- Community/business and crime prevention seminars:
o Shoplifting detection
o Personal safety
o Robbery prevention
o Residential security measures
(See crime prevention General Orders 333.00: Community and Volunteer Services and 333.01: Community Relations)
Revised July 1, 2011