In response to the rapid growth of tech jobs, the cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul have teamed up with regional employers and high-quality accelerated learning programs continuing to produce innovative programs and solutions to help meet this demand, including:
- Prime Digital Academy offers a Full Stack software development bootcamp as well as a newer user experience design program.
- Creating IT Futures offers hardware technical support and IT training programs through their IT-Ready 8-week intensive course.
- Software Guild offers a software development bootcamp in either Java or .NET/C# languages and a new part-time online program.
- NationalAble - IT Career Lab MN offers Minnesotans three different IT certifications – CompTIA Network+, Microsoft Modern Desktop Admin, and Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Hack the Gap offers a UX design program and a software development training program. They also offer a free online Full Stack Foundations course and a UX design starter kit for those just getting started in this field.
MSP TechHire training partners prepare students through accelerated training boot camps or online training to become service/help desk, desktop support, software developers or user experience designers depending on which training students access. In addition to in-demand technical skills and job placement support, training includes soft skills like workplace communications as well as connections to employers looking at non-traditional candidates. Hired graduates receive ongoing support as they acclimate to their work environment to ensure long-term success and continued growth.
Since the program's first inception in 2015, MSP TechHire has:
- Graduated over 1,600 students from accelerated learning programs
- Guided 1,322 graduates to full-time positions at 500 employer partners
- Awarded 177 scholarships to low-income job seekers
- Placed approximately 85% of graduates into new careers
Sign up for the Full Stack Saint Paul newsletter for monthly updates about Saint Paul tech and innovation news and events, plus follow MSP TechHire on social media using #MSPTechHire and #TechHire.