To obtain State of Minnesota EMT certification, applicants must take an Emergency Medical Technician - Basic course, and pass the written and practical state examinations. Current CPR Health Care Provider certification is a prerequisite for this course. Some schools and organizations that offer EMT courses in the Twin Cities Metro area are:
- Century College - 651-773-1720 www.centurycollege.edu
- Hennepin Technical College - 952-995-1320 www.hennepintech.edu
- Anoka-Hennepin Technical College - 763-576-4700 www.anokatech.edu
- Inver Hills Community College - 651-450-8500 www.inverhills.edu/
- Hennepin County Medical Center - 612-873-5681 www.hcmc.org
- HealthEast Academy - 651-232-1743 https://www.healtheast.org/healtheast-medical-transportation/ems-academy
- Allied Medical Training - 612-568-6585 www.alliedmedtraining.com
For a complete list of schools and organizations contact Minnesota’s Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board (EMSRB) at 651-201-2800 or go to www.emsrb.state.mn.us (Scroll to the bottom of the page, click on Quick Links, Upcoming Classes, then EMT-Basic).
If you already possess a National Registry EMT certification, but do not possess the State of Minnesota certification, please contact Minnesota’s Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board at www.emsrb.state.mn.us, or call 651-201-2800.
An Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer