Contract Compliance & Business Development
The Contract Compliance and Business Development Division ensures that the entire community can participate in the economic life of the City of Saint Paul. Contract Compliance is responsible for several compliance and business development functions including:
- Assisting contractors doing business with the City of Saint Paul meet contract compliance obligations;
- Assisting minority-owned, women-owned, small businesses and Section 3 businesses learn about and seek business opportunities with the City of Saint Paul, including training and capacity building;
- Ensuring contractors doing business with the City of Saint Paul have an up-to-date and approved Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity plan;
- Ensuring prevailing wage(s) and other labor standards requirements are met; and
- Ensuring individuals working in Saint Paul for Saint Paul employers earn sick and safe time.
2017 Disparity Study
The Minnesota Department of Administration completed the 2017 Minnesota Joint Disparity Study. The disparity study found that 22.3 percent of all businesses in Minnesota were owned by women or people of color between 2011 and 2016. The study determined that 16.24 percent of City of Saint Paul contracts went to women and people of color in 2016.