The City of Saint Paul has secured funds to make improvements to Iris Park. The funding is specifically tied to enhancing the north end of the park to connect it better to University Avenue, the new station platform and to Episcopal Homes’ new development on the corner of E. Lynnhurst Avenue and to provide more amenities for the neighborhood.
Saint Paul Water recently completed a mainline replacement through the park and installation of landscape improvements are anticipated to begin August 26th.
Beginning of construction
Site furniture, fountain structure and site restoration complete. Due to the weather, the pergola and fountain tile will be complete in Spring 2016. Project completion anticipate for June 2016.
The Community Design Advisory Committee met three times resulting in a final concept for the north end of Iris Park which was brought to the Union Park District Council Open Space Committee.
- January 29th Open House: Notes Presentation (Large file size. May take time to download)
- Meeting #2: Notes Presentation
- Meeting #1: Agenda Presentation
- July/August 2015: Saint Paul Water Mainline Replacement (Complete)
- Week of Aug 26th: Construction begins
- October 2015: Anticipated Completion (pending weather sensitive items)
*Please be aware of construction activities and respect park construction restrictions. Vehicular access will remain open during construction.