Saint Paul Bridge Fund
Like communities across our nation, the City of Saint Paul is responding to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic in alignment with the guidance of our public health officials. While all of us adapt to this rapidly changing situation, we have a duty to ensure not only the health and safety of our residents but a responsibility to ensure all of us can find relief amid the economic impact of this pandemic. The Saint Paul Bridge Fund will provide emergency relief for the small businesses and families in our community who need it most.
The Saint Paul Bridge Fund is supported by the Saint Paul Housing and Redevelopment Authority as well as Baird, Bush Foundation, Ecolab Foundation, John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Securian Foundation, Minnesota United FC, Minnesota Wild, Saint Paul & Minnesota Foundation, and Xcel Energy.
The proposal was adopted at a special meeting of the Housing and Redevelopment Authority on Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
For updates on the Saint Paul Bridge Fund and the City of Saint Paul's COVID-19 response, subscribe to the COVID-19 bulletin.
Bridge Fund for Families
Eligible families will have:
- Income at or below 40% Area Median Income, which is $40,000 for a family of four,
- At least one minor child present in the household, and
- Experienced a loss of income due to COVID-19.
Bridge Fund for Small Businesses
The Saint Paul Bridge Fund includes a $2.25 million investment to provide $7,500 grants for immediate business expenses, including but not limited to:
- Rent/mortgage payments
- Employee health benefits
- Leave payments and payroll
- Accounts payables
- Payments due to suppliers
Eligible small business will have:
- gross revenue of $2 million or less,
- been in operation for the last three months in Saint Paul, and
- had their revenues significantly impacted by COVID-19