Your regular collection will be delayed one day if it falls on or after the following observed holidays:
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
If your regular garbage collection day falls on or after one of these holidays, your garbage will be collected one day later than normal for that week. In other words, if the holiday is on a Thursday, garbage normally on Thursday will be collected on Friday that week, and garbage normally on Friday will be collected on Saturday that week. Make sure your garbage is out at the collection location by 6 a.m., that your cart is at least 2 feet clear of all objects, and not blocked by cars, snow, other carts, or other obstructions.
Holiday Tree Collection
You can have one live holiday tree collected, at no additional cost, between January 2 and January 15 each year. This is a separate service from bulky item collection; a tree meeting the requirements below does not count as a bulky item.
- Place your tree next to your garbage cart on your collection day between January 2 and January 15. You do not need to call your hauler to schedule your holiday tree collection during this time.
- All trees must have decorations and stands removed.
- No artificial trees. Flocked trees are acceptable.
- Holiday trees must be no larger than 6 feet in length and 20 pounds in weight.
- Lay the tree next to the garbage cart (do not place it upright in the snow or lean it against your garbage or recycling cart). Make sure the tree is not obstructing your carts.
- Limit 1 holiday tree per household (or 1 tree per unit for multi-unit properties).
Additional holiday trees, artificial trees, or trees larger than 6 feet in length can be collected as a bulky item. Call your hauler to schedule collection of a 2nd tree, artificial tree, a tree taller than 6 feet, or a tree to be collected after January 15.
You can also bring your holiday tree to a Ramsey County yard waste site to be composted for free. Click here to view collection site hours and locations.