Sign up for Garbage Service
Welcome - New Saint Paul Residents
If you have recently purchased a 1-4 unit residential property in Saint Paul, here are the steps to set up service for the citywide garbage program:
- Contact your designated garbage hauler to set up your garbage service in your name. If your purchase has not been updated in Ramsey County property records yet, you will need to provide a proof of sale (i.e. a copy of the deed) to confirm that you are the new property owner.
- City garbage cart(s) remain on the property. Each unit must have its own cart.
- If you do not see a City garbage cart at your property, please call your hauler to request for a cart to be delivered.
- You can change your garbage cart size once a year at no additional cost. Subsequent cart changes will cost $25 per change. Cart changes can include, but are not limited to, service level changes or cart replacements due to damage or loss. Call your hauler to request a cart change.
Note: You are responsible to pay the share of the quarterly bill for the portion of the quarter during which you own the residence, and you assume responsibility of those costs for garbage service.
Former Saint Paul Residents
If you have recently sold a 1-4 unit residential property in Saint Paul, here are the steps to cancel garbage service:.
- After the sale has taken place, contact the designated garbage hauler for the property to notify them of the ownership change. If the sale has not been updated in Ramsey County property records yet, you will need to provide a proof of sale (i.e. a copy of the deed) to confirm that you are no longer the property owner.
- The garbage hauler will provide a refund to you for services not rendered within 30 days of your cancellation notice and confirmation of ownership change has been received.
- Leave your garbage cart(s) in a safe, secure location on the property for the new owner(s).
Note: You are responsible to pay the full amount of your most recent quarterly garbage invoice, even if the home sale is planned to occur prior to the end of the quarter. You will receive a refund from your hauler after the sale has taken place and is confirmed by Ramsey County property records or proof of sale. You will be asked to provide a forwarding address at the time of cancellation of your service so that any refunds can be processed.
Basic Garbage Service Levels and Prices:
All Saint Paul residential properties with 1-4 units, including rentals and townhomes, must each have service and a garbage cart per unit. Depending on your cart size, you can have either 2 or 3 bulky items collected each calendar year at no additional cost.
|Cart Size||Gallons||Collection||Bulky Items
(for 3 months of service)
|Small||35 (approx. 2-3 kitchen-size bags)||Every other week||2||$60.83/quarter|
|Small||35 (approx. 2-3 kitchen-size bags)||Every week||2||$70.34/quarter|
|Medium||64 (approx. 4-5 kitchen-size bags)||Every week||3||$96.08/quarter|
|Large||96 (approx. 5-7 kitchen-size bags)||Every week||3||$102.44/quarter|
*pricing includes county and state taxes
An annual fee of $24.60 will be added to your Ramsey County property tax statement to help cover costs for carts, program administration, outreach and education efforts.