Johnson Parkway Regional Trail
In 2020, the City of Saint Paul will be constructing a trail along the east side of Johnson Parkway from Burns Avenue to Phalen Boulevard. This is a planned segment of the Saint Paul Grand Round.
Implementing this project includes several initial steps to understand the impacts of potential improvements in the area:
- We will be counting vehicles, bicycles, and pedestrians to have an understanding of how the parkway functions today.
- Beginning Wednesday, November 14, some intersections will be temporarily modified to simulate how future trail improvements would impact traffic.
- This may require travelers to temporarily use alternate routes.
- The temporary modifications will be removed after the counting is completed - before the end of 2018
- The traffic information gathered before and after the temporary modifications will be analyzed to understand impacts to the street network.
- The results of this study will be posted to the project webpage.
- Public meetings to discuss the project are anticipated to occur in November and December.
- Meeting announcements will be posted.
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Beginning Wednesday, November 14 through Thursday, December 6, seven intersections along Johnson Parkway will be temporarily closed to accommodate a traffic study. Please reference the "Temporary Closure Test Locations Map" under Project Documents.
The intersections will re-open between Wednesday, November 21 through Sunday, November 25 for the Thanksgiving holiday.