Ticket, Towing & Storage Fees
Please call the city's impound lots BEFORE traveling to the lot to verify that they have your vehicle -- and to learn what documents you will need to get your vehicle.
To find your car use the Police Impound Lot locator. Enter either the car's license plate number or its vehicle identification number (VIN), and press the "Find Vehicle" button. If it is not at either lot, wait an hour and try again, as your vehicle may be in transit.
During the winter months the city has two towing lots. Visit stpaul.gov/impound to find where your car is located.
Snow Emergency Ticket and Towing Costs
- Parking Ticket: $56.00
- $275.08 to get your vehicle out of the impound lot if you pick it up before midnight the day it is towed.
- A $15 storage fee is added to that amount for each additional day the vehicle is left there.
Only registered vehicle owners can reclaim or pick up cars from the impound lots. Residents are reminded to bring the following items with them to the impound lot:
- Proof of vehicle ownership: title, bill of sale or lease agreement
- Valid photo ID or driver's license (a valid license is needed to drive the car from the lot)
- Proof of insurance for the vehicle that you are picking up
- Cash or Visa or Mastercard to pay your fees
- Keys to the vehicle
Two Snow Emergency Tow Lot Locations
Before traveling to either lot, the city recommends that residents check with each lot to determine where their vehicle has been taken.
1129 Cathlin Street (across from the State Fairgrounds):
- If your car was parked north of I-94, or south of I-94 AND west of Lafayette Road and north of the Mississippi River
830 Barge Channel Road
- If your car was parked south of the Mississippi River, or east of Lafayette Road and south of I-94
Please note: Impound lots are extremely busy during a Snow Emergency, staff may be unable to answer the phone at times.
The impound lots are managed by the Saint Paul Police Department 651-291-1111.