Saint Paul Police Snow Lot at 1129 Cathlin St is closed for the season. For assistance, call the main lot at 651-266-5642.
All vehicles towed for violating Snow Emergency parking rules are towed to:
1129 Cathlin Street 830 Barge Channel Rd.
651-603-6895 or 651-266-5642
Impound Lot is open 24 hours per day for the first 96 hours of the snow emergency.
Regular hours after: Impound lot is open daily from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
To locate your vehicle, click this link SPPD's vehicle search locator.
- Saint Paul Public Works Snow Plow Information
- Snow Emergency FAQs
- Ticket and Tow FAQs
- Snow Emergency Parking
- Multi-Lingual Snow Emergency Information Ticket, Towing & Storage Fees
- $275.08 (cash or credit) to get your vehicle out of the impound lot if you pick it up before midnight the day it is towed.
- A $15 storage fee is added to this amount for each additional day the vehicle is on the lot.
- Parking Ticket: $56.00 (which is payable at the Ramsey County Traffic Violations Bureau, online or in person there).
To reclaim a vehicle, residents are reminded to bring the following items with them to the impound lot:
- Proof of vehicle ownership: Title, Bill of Sale or Lease Agreement If the vehicle has been registered within the last 4-8 weeks
- Valid Photo ID* or Driver's License** is sufficient proof of ownership for vehicles that have been registered for more than 8 weeks.
- Proof of current insurance for the vehicle that you are picking up
- Cash or credit cards to pay your fees
- Keys to the vehicle
*Accepted forms of ID: State issued ID, Permit or Drivers License, Passport, Military ID or Consulate ID
**If the owner of the vehicle does not have a drivers license they will need 2 licensed drivers to accompany them. If the vehicle owner takes a cab, Uber or bus to the impound lot they must have 1 licensed driver with them, along with the receipt from the cab or Uber, or a bus transfer.
If you are not the registered vehicle owner you will need:
- Personal Vehicle: Same last name and same address or a notarized letter with a copy of the owners photo ID.
- Rental or Company owned vehicle: The company must be notified by the driver and will only be released with faxed authorization from the company.
- Repossession: An Affidavit of Repossession (or Writ of Replevin) and a lien holder's card are required in order to release a vehicle to a lien holder or their authorized representative
- NO EXCEPTIONS!
Tow Lot Locations:
Map of Barge Channel Road lot - All vehicles towed by the Police Department (with the exception of vehicles towed for violating snow emergency parking rules).
Map of Cathlin Street lot - All vehicles towed for violating snow emergency parking rules are towed to 1129 Cathlin Street.
The impound lots are managed by the Saint Paul Police Department 651-291-1111.