A Temporary Gambling License is required to conduct all lawful gambling events such as bingo and/or a raffle drawing in the City of Saint Paul. Lawful gambling events may only be conducted by nonprofit organizations in accordance with State of Minnesota requirements. If you have questions, contact DSI at 651-266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.
See Chapter 402 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information regarding temporary gambling. Visit the State of Minnesota Gambling Control Board (GCB) website at www.mn.gov/gcb to review State lawful gambling requirements and contact the GCB at 651-539-1900 if you have questions about gambling conduct legality.
You must submit the following:
- City Temporary Gambling License Application
- Minnesota Application for Exempt Permit
- Proof on non-profit status
- Letter describing event and what proceeds will be used for
- Affidavit for Conduct of Lawful Gambling One Day Events signed by organization CEO or President and notarized
- Written statement from property representative granting permission to conduct lawful gambling on their premises
- Required Fee
This license requires inspection approval from the Minnesota Department of Health (651-201-4500) and Licensing (651-266-8989).
See Fee Table for current License fees.
Each calendar day that there is a raffle drawing constitutes a separate event and a bingo only event may last up to three consecutive days.
A temporary gambling license is valid only for the date and times indicated on the license form.