FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 19, 2022
SAINT PAUL RECOGNIZES WINNERS AND RUNNERS-UP OF SIXTH ANNUAL BUSINESS AWARDS
Saint Paul has concluded and announces recipients for the 6th annual Business Awards honoring five outstanding Saint Paul businesses
SAINT PAUL (MN) – Today, Saint Paul City Council announced the winners of the sixth annual Saint Paul Business Awards and will recognize the five winners and runners-up and celebrate the efforts of all nominees and other businesses who chose to operate in Saint Paul at the City Council meeting at 1:00 PM on October 26th with a reception following. This event is open to the public and all are welcome.
The awards recognize local businesses that provide critical services, contribute to the City's community, invest in their employees, and are committed to Saint Paul's values of equity and diversity. Businesses are selected for an award in one of five categories based on nominations from the community.
“We had such a great slate of nominees this year! I am grateful to everyone who took part in the annual Business Awards from the organizers to the applicants to the section committee and beyond,” said Council President Amy Brendmoen. “I look forward to awarding the winners and celebrating the great things happening in our city on October 26th.”
“Local businesses are the heart of our neighborhoods. The St. Paul Business Awards give us an opportunity to honor our business owners for the hard work they do every day and to say thank you for doing business in St. Paul,” said Councilmember Rebecca Noecker.
The importance of Saint Paul's business community is evident in the more than 100 businesses that were nominated for a 2022 award. Saint Paul businesses play a critical role in the City's economic vitality and are to be acknowledged for their resiliency and commitment to remaining a business partner throughout the ongoing hardship of the pandemic has challenged many businesses.
The 2022 award winners and runners-up are:
- ABC Realty LLC – Alice O’Brien Award: honoring a women-owned business that is committed to equity and empowerment. (Runner-up: In Black Ink)
- Hmong Village Shopping Center – People’s Choice Award: honoring a business that is recognized for its excellence by Saint Paul residents. (Runner-up: Swede Hollow Cafe)
- Mr. Michael Recycles Bicycles – Good Neighbor Award: honoring a business that shows a dedication to improving the community. (Runner-up: Vig Guitar)
- NEOO Partners Inc. – New Kid on the Block Award: honoring a business that has opened in Saint Paul within the last five years. (Runner-up: Just Imagine)
- Selby Wines & Spirits Inc. – Traditions Award: honoring a business that has been active in Saint Paul for at least twenty years. (Runner-up: Westside Haircare)
The Selection Committee that reviewed the applications and selected winners was made up of past winners from the Saint Paul business community. The committee included:
- Abdiwali Ali, Karibu Grocery & Deli
- Choua Vang, Golden Harvest Foods
- Kathy Sundberg, GINKGO Coffeehouse
- Tameka Jones, Lip Esteem LLC
Read about past award winners and learn more about the categories and criteria at www.stpaul.gov/business-awards. Award winners will be recognized by the City Council at 1:00 PM on Wednesday, October 26, 2022, City Hall, 15 W Kellogg Blvd, St. Paul, MN, Council Chambers – Room 300. The event can also be viewed on City of Saint Paul – Calendar at stpaul.legistar.com or Saint Paul Channel 18.