Northern Portion of Ayd Mill Road to Temporarily Close May 4-8
Ayd Mill Road will be closed May 4-8 for Summit Avenue Bridge reconstruction work
SAINT PAUL, MN (May 1, 2020) – Beginning Monday, May 4, Saint Paul Public Works will temporarily close Ayd Mill Road to all traffic from Selby to Grand Avenue. The road closure, planned for May 4-8, allows city contractors to set new beams for the Summit Avenue Bridge reconstruction project. Both the Selby and Hamline/Ashland access ramps to Ayd Mill Road will be closed to all traffic.
AYD MILL ROAD detours for May 4-8, 2020:
- All northbound vehicles must exit Ayd Mill Road at Grand Avenue, then turn left and head west to Snelling Avenue. Turn right and head north on Snelling Avenue to Selby.
- All southbound vehicles cannot access Ayd Mill Road at Selby. Vehicles must travel south on Snelling Avenue. Then turn left and head east on Grand Avenue. Turn right and head south on Ayd Mill Road.
- Traffic control officers will be stationed at the Grand Avenue ramp intersection to assist with traffic control during peak rush hours.
ABOUT THE SUMMIT AVENUE BRIDGE RECONSTRUCTION PROJECT
This past October, Saint Paul Public Works closed Summit Avenue from Syndicate to Dunlap to all vehicle, bike and pedestrian traffic until October 2020 for a year-long bridge demolition and reconstruction project. The vehicle and bike/pedestrian detours are signed and use Grand Avenue. No parking is allowed on the northside of Grand Avenue between Syndicate and Dunlap for the protected bike path.
After May 8, Summit Avenue between Hamline and Syndicate will be closed to all vehicle, bike and pedestrian traffic and access due to planned road and utility reconstruction. The anticipated duration of closure is 3 weeks. During this phase of work:
- Summit Avenue will be closed to all traffic east of Hamline Avenue.
- Access to Mount Zion and Kowalski’s parking lots will be from the intersection of Grand/Syndicate only.
- Access to Summit Avenue properties will be restricted to alleyways only.
- Pedestrian and bicycle facilities will be detoured to new temporary facilities between Hamline Avenue and Syndicate Street.
Construction project timelines, including road closures and detours are subject to change.
For more information, detour maps and updates with the Summit Avenue Bridge Reconstruction Project, visit www.stpaul.gov/summit-bridge.
Lisa Hiebert, APR
City of Saint Paul, Public Works Department