Full Stack Saint Paul is public/private sector collaboration, co-led by the City of Saint Paul and the Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce, that provides a full range of services to help tech and innovation sector businesses start up and scale up in Saint Paul.
From helping a business find the perfect office space, to facilitating connections between business leaders, to aligning start-ups with resources to grow their businesses, to supporting the next generation of tech talent, Saint Paul is a place where businesses can locate and thrive.
The City of Saint Paul and the Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce are leading a broad public/private partnership to implement the Full Stack action plan. A Steering Committee has been established to guide this work.
Full Stack Saint Paul action plan serves as a framework to implement targeted strategies to attract, retain, and expand tech and innovation jobs in Saint Paul. The plan outlines three main strategies to help the City expand innovation jobs and businesses:
- Telling the story: Make people aware of the vibrant innovation culture in Saint Paul, its legacy and
potential, and its role in the greater metro region.
- Developing people: Build and support the places and events where innovators connect and support key pipelines for growing innovation talent in Saint Paul, especially among under-represented populations.
- Developing innovative places: Create an ecosystem of high-quality real estate solutions that provide
work environments and amenities that help Saint Paul innovation companies recruit and retain talent.
- Add 2,000 tech-related jobs by the year 2020.
- Increase innovation-related commercial space in the City of Saint Paul by 200,000 square feet.
- Ensure that 50 innovation-focused events will be held annually in Saint Paul.
- Show significantly increased awareness of Saint Paul innovation every year through 2020.
Full Stack Steering Committee
A 31-member Steering Committee, featuring experts in technology, innovation, economic development, marketing real estate, and workforce development, is guiding Full Stack. The Steering Committee has established three task forces dedicated to taking actionable steps on Full Stack's three main strategies - telling the story, developing people, and developing innovative places.
Saint Paul Innovation Cabinet
Full Stack Saint Paul was created by the Saint Paul Innovation Cabinet, a focused effort to identify ways to expand job and business growth around the technology and innovation sectors in Saint Paul. Innovation companies are critical because their jobs do not just benefit individual employees, they benefit all of Saint Paul. This group’s work built upon on the local business community’s existing momentum to develop targeted strategies aimed at building an environment where more innovative businesses can locate and continue to grow.