Seeking truth and justice for the City of Saint Paul

In some criminal cases, a judge may order the defendant to pay money to the victim to compensate the victim for losses related to the crime. This payment is known as restitution. Restitution is normally part of the defendant's sentence if they are found guilty or plead guilty to the crime.

Frequently Asked Questions

Last Edited: October 12, 2021