Engine House 9 History
Station 9 was originally built as a single-bay, two-story brick building at the corner of Marion and Edmund. At first, the building housed Chemical 4, which was later transferred to Front St. The building was erected in 1885 and expanded in 1887.
For many years Station 9 housed the repair shop. The shop was moved to Station 10 in 1949. In 1942, the old Engine House 9 was closed due to a wartime manpower shortage. In 1952, it was sold to the Lawrence Sign Company. Later, it was demolished to make way for the widening of Marion Ave.