4d Affordable Housing Incentive Program
The 4d Affordable Housing Incentive Program offers rental property owners a 40% tax rate reduction and limited grant assistance for units that remain affordable for a consecutive ten-year period.
Property owners can invest the savings into updating and maintaining their naturally occurring affordable housing units, and low-income families are provided additional safe and stable housing options at a time when rent continues to rise across the Twin Cities. Minnesota Housing Finance Agency will have final approval of 4d tax classification for property owners who meet Saint Paul's eligibility guidelines.
- Refer to this Utilities Allowance Chart from HousingLink and the Saint Paul Public Housing Authority for values to include in a tenant’s “gross rent” according to which utilities they are responsible for.
- Visit the Department of Safety and Inspection’s (DSI) Interactive Certificate of Occupancy Map to confirm that your property’s Fire Safety Inspection Grade is A or B.
- Visit Ramsey County’s Interactive Property Map to verify your property’s associated addresses, parcel identification number (PIN), and fee payer to list on the 2022 4d Application.
- Visit Minnesota Housing’s LIRC Program Webpage for further information on Minnesota Housing’s role in certifying properties’ 4d reclassification.
- Review Minnesota Statute 273.128 for the statutory provision for the 4d tax classification.
- The Saint Paul 4d Program Interactive Map to see currently-participating 4d Program properties.
- Upgrade properties with low DSI inspection grades through the City’s Rental Rehabilitation Program.