Fairview-Western Pedestrian Improvements
- This year, Saint Paul Public Works will repave Fairview Avenue between University and Minnehaha Avenues and Western Avenue between Summit and Selby Avenues as part of its 2020 Mill and Overlay project.
- Prior to the paving work, a city contractor will undertake sidewalk improvements.
- Sidewalk improvements allow people of all abilities to safely move within our Saint Paul neighborhoods.
- Most of the sidewalk work will upgrade pedestrian ramps at intersections to meet current Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
- Only the portions of sidewalk panels that have cracks, heaves, holes, or other damage will be replaced.
- Sidewalk work may impact existing grass, trees, landscaping, sprinkler systems, and retaining walls and fences located within the public right-of-way.