Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work with our staff, contractors, and suppliers to deliver proposed 2020 construction projects during the COVID-19 pandemic. Saint Paul Public Works continues to follow all federal and state health and safety guidelines to protect our staff, partners, and community.
- Projects are anticipated to move forward
- Community meetings and input for public hearings will be held online or by phone rather than in-person
- Construction work will continue to be evaluated and may require adjustments
- Updates will be posted as they become available
- This year, Saint Paul Public Works will repave Fairview Avenue between University and Minnehaha Avenues and Western Avenue between Summit and Selby Avenues as part of its 2020 Mill and Overlay project.
- Prior to the paving work, a city contractor will undertake sidewalk improvements.
- Sidewalk improvements allow people of all abilities to safely move within our Saint Paul neighborhoods.
- Most of the sidewalk work will upgrade pedestrian ramps at intersections to meet current Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
- Only the portions of sidewalk panels that have cracks, heaves, holes, or other damage will be replaced.
- Sidewalk work may impact existing grass, trees, landscaping, sprinkler systems, and retaining walls and fences located within the public right-of-way.
Mill and Overlay
- As part of the Fairview-Western Pedestrian Improvements Project, the city will be performing a mill and overlay on Fairview Avenue and on Western Avenue
- See mill and overlay notification letters under Project Documents
- Click here for more information on the mill and overlay process