Click here for information about yard waste disposal and backyard composting.
Organics Recycling is the collection of organic material for composting. Saint Paul residents can collect organics in their home and take it to a drop-off site listed below. Drop-off sites take more materials than you can put in your backyard compost bin. Items accepted include:
- All food scraps, including vegetables, fruits, meats (including fats, oils, and grease), poultry, fish, bones, grains, dairy, coffee grounds and filters, tea bags, etc.
- Non-recyclable paper, including greasy pizza boxes, paper towels, tissues, dirty paper bags, tissue paper, etc.
- Compostable cups, plates, utensils, bags, etc. Check that it has the “Compostable” logo from the Biodegradable Products Institute (BPI) on the item or packaging to ensure it is compostable.
District Council Drop-Off Locations:
*NEW: Como Park Drop-off Site
The District 10 Como Park site is now open and free for all Ramsey County residents.
Macalester-Groveland Drop-off Site
The Macalester-Groveland Drop-off Site is free to anyone who lives or works in Saint Paul. Residents must sign-up online to use the site.
Organics Recycling at Yard Waste Sites:
Drop off source separated organics at Ramsey County Yard Waste Sites during regular site hours. Keep organics separate from yard waste.
How do I recycle organics at Ramsey County Yard Waste Sites?
- Pick up FREE compostable bags at the six yard waste sites that collect organic waste or contact your local District Council office.
- Fill the bags with food waste and other materials listed above.
- Bring your bagged organics to a Ramsey County Yard Waste Site.
- Put the bagged organics in the designated container.