This is an online food waste prevention challenge for Saint Paul residents. Every week, participants will receive tips, tools, and guidance to help reduce food waste, save time, money, and the environment!
The course is flexible and happens at your own pace, but you can expect activities to take about 1-2 hours per week. To track progress, each household will collect and weigh their food waste each week.
All materials are also available on this website.
- Takeaway 1: Smart Shopping Ways to reduce waste before and during shopping
- Takeaway 2: Smart Storage How to store fruits and veggies to extend their lifespan and quality
- Takeaway 3: Smart Prep Ways to prep vegetables to minimize waste
- Takeaway 4: Smart Saving Eat what you buy to save money and resources
- Takeaway 5: Smart Disposal Compost food scraps to reduce negative environmental impacts