A One-day License. An establishment with an annual City liquor license may apply for a temporary entertainment license valid for a twenty-four(24) hour period. Such application shall be made in the manner prescribed in chapter 411.05 and shall be subject to the same requirements regarding inspection and floor space as provided elsewhere in that chapter. No location shall be granted more than three(3) such licenses per calendar year. Such licenses shall not require the consent of owners and occupants of adjacent properties. An establishment that already has an annual entertainment license is not required to obtain a temporary entertainment license.

Code Requirements

See Chapter 411of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about special event food sales.

Application Requirements

You must submit the following:

  • A completed Class T City License Application
  • A letter requesting the temporary entertainment license including the name and date of the event, hours of operation and location of entertainment
  • A Noise Variance may be required (Saint Paul Legislative Code Chapter 293) - contact Information at 651-266-8989)


This review may include on site inspections(s) to verify compliance with applicable regulations.


See Fee Table for current License fees.


An Entertainment Temporary License is valid only for the date(s) of the specific event.

Last Edited: November 29, 2023