Establishments holding On Sale Licenses issued under Saint Paul Legislative Code Chapter 409 may remain open for the sale of food after hours until 3:00 am on the condition that they meet the following requirements:
- The establishment shall provide at least four different types of entrees and/or sandwiches and a choice of nonalcoholic beverages.
- No alcoholic beverages may be offered, displayed, sold, or consumed by anyone in the establishment during such extended hours.
- No alcoholic beverage container of any kind, whether empty or containing any alcoholic beverage, shall remain on the bar, tables, counters, or any other place to which a customer has access, or at any location in the customer areas of the establishment, after 1:00 am.
- All alcoholic beverages shall be stored no later than 1:15am and during extended service hours in a cabinet, locker, or storage area which is locked and secure and which shall remain locked at all times during the extended hours.
- No entertainment shall be provided unless the applicant first complies with the petition and consent of LC411.
- No establishment shall provide Class C entertainment during the hours of extended service.
See Chapter 409.07.1 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about extended service hours of liquor.
You must submit the following:
- Liquor - Extension of Service Hours License Application
- A copy of the full menu offered during the extended hours
- A copy of the procedure for storage of alcoholic beverages after 1:00 am
- Required fee
This license requires inspection approvals from our Licensing (651-266-8989) and Zoning (651-266-9008) divisions.
See Fee Table for current License fees.
The Liquor - Extension of Service Hours License will expire one year from date of issuance (or expire with Liquor Liability expiration date) and may be renewed annually.