Property owners must register buildings with the City if the building is unoccupied and:
- Unsecured, or
- Secured by other than normal means, or
- A dangerous structure, or
- Condemned, or
- Has multiple housing or Building Code violations, or
- Is condemned and illegally occupied, or
- Is unoccupied for a period of time longer than one year during which time the Enforcement Officer has issued an order to correct nuisance conditions.
To learn how to register a vacant building and for details on the City’s vacant buildings program, visit this page: Vacant Building Program.
Vacant Building Sales
The Vacant Building Sale Review - Informational Packet offers the steps needed for the sale or purchase of a Category II Registered Vacant Building. Read the packet for a full understanding of the City’s Vacant Buildings Program and what’s required to sell or buy any category (I, II, or III) of a Vacant Building.