The West Side Flats area will be resurfaced through a process called “mill and overlay” to create a smoother roadway surface. Crews grind off the top layer of roadway, then replace it with a new layer of bituminous pavement.
After new pavement is replaced, The Fillmore Street will be restriped with on-street bike lanes. These are consistent with the adopted 2015 Saint Paul Bicycle Plan. The bike lanes will improve safety and comfort for people riding bikes. To provide space for the bike lanes, on-street parking will be removed along the south side of Fillmore Avenue within the project limits.
- Eaton Street – Eva Street to West Lafayette Frontage Road
- Eva Street – Fillmore Avenue to Eaton Street
- Fillmore Avenue – Robert Street to East Lafayette Frontage Road
- Florida Street – State Street to West Lafayette Frontage Road
- River Park Plaza – Fillmore Avenue
- State Street – Fillmore Avenue to Eaton Street
PROJECT COMPLETED - September 24